Then and now

Edgar's picture

New gas pumps at Biegler’s Timber Lake Service provided an opportunity for these “then and now” photos. AT LEFT is Dr. F.M. McClellan proudly showing off his prize catch in front of what was then the Timber Lake Standard Station. McClellan came to Isabel in 1916 and to Timber Lake in 1918 and set up his dental practice there. He was instrumental is establishing the Little Moreau Park and served on the city council. His descendants, Dr. Herb McClellan Sr., Dr. Herb McClellan Jr., and Dr. Marc McClellan, continued the dental practice at Mobridge. The other photo is David Biegler in the same location — about 75 years later — showing off his shiny new gas pumps. Dave didn’t catch the fish (It’s borrowed from the Mettlers) and he doesn’t smoke cigarettes (But he does sell them).

 

To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition https://www.etypeservices.com/Timber%20Lake%20TopicID443/

Rate this article: 
No votes yet